PS VR is one of the major players in the VR space, with the unit reaching a total of more than 5 million sales by the end of 2019. The existing Playstation audience is a significant competitive advantage for Sony since over 100 million consumers already own a Playstation 4.
Of course, VR is still a burgeoning field, and Sony announced a PS VR spotlight to emphasize the platform on Monday, September 7th. The spotlight covered some well-known VR games as well as some unexpected titles such as Minecraft for PS VR.
Along with highlighting some prominent upcoming releases, Sony also announced a PS VR sale which started today, September 9th. It's well worth checking out if you own PS VR or you've considered investing in the headset. The added cost of VR-friendly games is obviously an important factor to consider in that purchase, so make sure to take advantage of the sale if you want to stock up.
You can view the full list of discounted games on the sale's page on the Playstation Store. A total of 153 items are currently at promotional prices, so we can't cover all of them, but here are a few highlights:
- ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission: down to $7.39 from $19.99
- Blood and Truth: down to $14.79 from $39.99
- Everybody's Golf VR: down to $9.89 from $29.99
- LA Noire: The VR Case Files: down to $14.99 from $29.99
- Marvel's Iron Man VR: down to $29.99 from $39.99
- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin: down to $7.99 from $19.99
- SUPERHOT VR: down to $9.99 from $24.99 ($19.99 bundled with the original release)
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood: down to $5.24 from $14.99
- Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot: down to $9.99 from $19.99