New Quest 2 update for The Exorcist: Legion VR improves graphics and refresh rate
The developers of The Exorcist: Legion VR have launched a major update for Quest 2 users. A new patch improves the graphics and refresh rates of the Quest 2 version of the game.
The developers, Wolf & Wood are using the increased graphical capabilities of the Quest 2 to improve the player’s experience. The game features support for 90hz and employs improved physics, texture updates, dynamic lighting updates, enhanced resolutions, and upgraded animations for the various demons’ players will face in the experience.
This is probably one of the best horror games out right now for the Quest headsets. The only reason I stopped recommending it was the muddy textures and blurry visuals of the original release. Now that they have improved it for the new hardware, I can get right back on the Exorcist bandwagon.
The five chapters of the game have some of the most immersive locations and interesting scares of any of the games out right now. I’m patiently waiting to see what Cosmodread looks like, but for now I can give a hearty recommendation for The Exorcist.
Other fixes and changes in the new update
· Move forwards, backwards and diagonally while the menu is open – Strafe is blocked due to menu interactions.
· Improved memory management
· General teleport improvements: player no longer has to look directly down at the floor to teleport.
Out of bounds System:
· Player position is now reset to a safe position if out of the play area for over 5 seconds
· Countdown and UI to explain repositioning
· Add fail-safes for the cross occasionally disconnecting from the kit and becoming unusable.
· Bug, where hands would sometimes get stuck in the hover state and the player, would not be able to make a fist.
· General fixes and additional rules to catch any potential issues